Welcome to class!
Everyone get out your notebooks and pens. We’re going to talk about how to wear those overalls you bought in the summer, all the way through fall and winter!
– A statement necklace is a great way to add a stylish element to an overalls look, but choose the right one. A shiny, rhinestoned statement necklace might not be the best option!
– Sometimes going simple is the best way to go. An easy long sleeve tee can be a good choice as your first layer for warmth, and something to build on with your accessories.
– A clutch can be a great accessory to go with to keep your overalls from looking like you stepped off a farm. A leopard clutch is even better!
– Cuffing your overalls can be a good option if the length is iffy- it also adds a little bit of style to the look. Booties are always a safe bet with the cold weather, and all the better if they have a little (or a lot) of heel to them.
– A fall hat is a great addition to your overalls outfit. It detracts from the fact that they are overalls and makes the whole look more cohesive.
– In the cold you definitely want to dress warm, and a turtleneck is a great way to do that. They also inherently look more dressy, so they’re a nice aspect when you want to class up your usually casual overalls.
– A chic bag is a good option for a more dressed up style. A more casual tote or un-structured bag can bring your look down when styling overalls.
– Again, booties are usually the way to go with styling your overalls in the Fall and Winter. They look stylish and keep your feet warm at the same time in those low temps!
I hope these tips encouraged some of you to pull those overalls out of storage and rock them in the fall and winter too! Now I want to see how you style them- tag me on Instagram (@jackie_welling) or shoot me an email so I can see!
Photos by Greg Deakins