Seeing as how I’m stuck at home right now with a cold, this post seemed ALL too appropriate to finally do! I have a PROVEN system to keep the common cold and flu at bay, and I’ve wanted to share it with you guys in the hopes that one of you at least will heed my advice, and never get sick again. I’m what is known as a “sickly” person. I’d say I have a pretty weak immune system, and growing up I would get sick ALL the time. Even up until a few years ago, I had a bout with bronchitis while I was on vacation in France and it pushed me over the edge – I was DONE getting sick, especially on vacations when I should have been enjoying the sights, not coughing to death in my Airbnb!
You’re probably wondering why I’m sick right now if I have such a good method for immunity… well I didn’t heed my OWN advice. I was out of my FAVORITE immune system supplement, the golden goose I swear by for keeping healthy, so I didn’t even bother with the rest of the list, and here I am, sick in bed kicking myself when I could be just fine. Luckily I got more of that supplement and I’m back to taking my course of supplements I recommend, and it is speeding up this cold SO fast, so I can be better in days rather than a week and a half like usual. Now, let’s talk details…
This list is in no particular order, but I try my best to do EVERY single thing here the very MOMENT I feel a tickle in my throat, or a stuffy nose coming on. The earlier you can catch it, the better. For PREVENTION, I still do most of these at any time. Before any vacation I start about a week early with my “immunity routine” and make sure NOTHING will stand in the way of my good time. Now here’s my master list, my immunity super power supplement routine if you will!
- Prenatal Vitamins – I take these every day regardless of any sickness. For married women or women who have any chance at all of getting pregnant, even if you don’t intend to, they’re good to add to your routine just in case. I swear by them to grow my hair and nails long and strong too, and I think they’ve even helped my skin. I did a bunch of research and found THESE to be a good option on Amazon.
- DHA – This is an omega-3 fatty acid supplement that is recommended in conjunction with any prenatal vitamin routine. It’s also just good to take every day especially as a woman. I find it also helps my joints, as I have bad knees that hurt sometimes. This is a good one I found on Amazon, and you only have to take 2 a day. They also don’t have that fishy aftertaste some other omega-3 supplements do.
- Echinacea – Echinacea has been used for a long time for immune support. You also don’t need to worry about taking them with a meal – any time will due.
- Zinc – Zinc is nice because you just take one tablet a day, and is good for general nutrition as well as immune system support.
- Airborne – Everyone has taken Airborne right? I tend to get the generic one at Walgreens, I don’t see a big difference and Vitamin C seems pretty basic to me. This one is great for prevention too – I love that it was invented by a teacher because of the germs too!
- Essential Oils – Yep, I’m an oil girl! I figure they’re nature’s most simple medicine. I use Melaleuca as a roll on my wrists, and OnGuard mixed with coconut oil also on my wrists and on a cotton ball that I put on my pillow when I sleep. (You don’t need the coconut oil when you put it on a cotton ball.) I couldn’t find my OnGuard for these photos, but I have a regular bottle of that,not the roll-on so I can use it in a few different ways!
- Elderberry Syrup – Elderberry is renowned for its immune system support, especially to the flu. I’ve heard good things about these gummies too. This one I only really do when I start to feel sick, not on a regular basis because the elderberry syrup I get at the health food store is expensive.
- WATER – Yep, it’s as simple as that. I drink a ton of water daily as is, but when I’m sick I just CHUG it all the time. It helps so much especially to speed up the virus through your system quicker.
- NyQuill – Melatonin or Zzquill would work well here too. Something to just KNOCK you out at night and sleep HARD. This step really really helps, a good night sleep works wonders in my opinion. I also prefer the liquid NyQuill to the capsules, the liquid works much faster.
- Epsom Salt Baths – Supposedly epsom salt draws out toxins from the body. I don’t know the science behind that, but I know it feels good and seems to help! This is GREAT after a workout too if you’ve got sore muscles. You can even find epsom salt with eucalyptus and lavender oil in it, which smells amazing and it super relaxing before bed.
- IMMUNIZEN – My miracle supplement. My holy grail. I am religious about this one! If I had to pick ONE thing for immunity off of this list, this would be it. It’s made of colostrum from cows, they produce too much when they have a calf so it’s harvested. I know it sounds weird, but I don’t care what it is as long as it works! For prevention, I take 2 a day. When I start to feel a cold coming on, I take 6 a day. 2 before breakfast, 2 before lunch, 2 before dinner. If you try it once and see that it works and you don’t get sick, you’ll be convinced like me! I tell everyone about it, it’s a little ridiculous.
Alright there it is, everything I do when I start to feel sick and it nips it in the bud! It is tried and true, I haven’t been sick in SO long and it’s because I got so diligent about these steps. I hope at least one of you tries this the next time you wake up with a sore throat and see how great it is!
If you don’t catch it early enough and you do get full on sick, you should still start doing these steps as soon as possible, because it will drastically shorten the life of your sickness. Promise!
What tips do you have for staying healthy?!
Pin this image for the next time you’re sick!