My friend Brittany and I recently got together to make some delicious Lemon Raspberry Coconut Crumb Bars! We found the recipe on Two Peas in Our Pod, and made a few adjustments to make them our own. Come back tomorrow to see how the HP x360 helped us make this post a reality!
First start out with all of your ingredients (and your recipe of course!)
Combine the flour, baking powder, and salt.
Lastly, start to combine the flour mixture with the wet mixture. It should be very crumbly but still stick in clumps. Once you get to this point add 3/4 cup of the coconut flakes.
Press half of the dough in an 8×8 baking dish or a 9×7 Press firmly so it is packed. Next open a jar of Lemon Curd and spread it even around. Add the rest of the crumble mixture all around the top and top the whole thing off with the remaining coconut flakes. Last but NOT least crush up some fresh raspberries and sprinkle them around. They will cook down in the oven and melt all over! Pop in the oven on 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes and let it completely cool before serving! Enjoy!
Lemon Raspberry Coconut Bars
Yield: 12-16 bars
Prep Time: 10 minutes | Cook Time: 30 minutes | Total Time: 40 minutes
1 1/2 cups Gold Medal White Whole Wheat flour (we used regular flour)
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 cup coconut oil, at room temperature
1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1 large egg
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon coconut extract
3/4 cup flaked coconut, plus 2 tablespoons, divided
3/4 cup lemon curd (Bought in the jams & jellies isle at the store!)
1 cup raspberries (mashed with fork)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease an 8-inch square baking dish with cooking spray. Set aside.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, salt, and baking powder. Set aside.
3. In the bowl of a stand mixer, cream coconut oil and sugars on high speed until light and fluffy, about 2-3 minutes. Add the egg, vanilla extract, and coconut extract. Mix well. With the mixer on low, slowly add in the flour mixture. Mix until combined, the dough will be crumbly. Stir in the 3/4 cup coconut.
4. Stir the lemon curd to loosen it up. Gently press half of dough into bottom of prepared baking dish. Evenly spread the lemon curd over dough. Sprinkle remaining dough over the top, making sure you cover the entire bars. Press gently to form the top layer. Sprinkle the additional coconut over the bars. Spread crushed raspberries over coconut.
5. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until the top is golden brown. Cool completely and cut into squares.